[Ardour-Users] Ardour 3.0 build problem

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Thu Oct 8 17:46:43 PDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 7:52 PM, Henry W. Peters <hwpeters at jamadots.com> wrote:
  [ ... ]

Ardour 3.0 has not been declared ready for testing by anyone except
our inner core at this point. We are not interested in hand-holding
compilation issues. The problems you have with boost are probably
because your system installs a versioned include dir for boost, in
contravention of all boost policy.

What is it about 2.X that makes it usable for you?

> So if you are saying, even if you know better (re installation) & have
> problems where documentation is not (at the least) apparently available...
> too bad... or what?   & are you really saying you (who ever "you" is) are
> not interested in some one actually trying to learn? That would be just too
> sad.

What I am saying is that if your linux development skills are not up
to solving this sort of problem for yourself, then no, you are not
part of the current intended audience for 3.0, which has not even
entered alpha testing yet.

--p