[Ardour-Users] opening 3 channel file on a 4 channel track

e deleflie edeleflie at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 16:40:51 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm a new user to Ardour, so I hope my question isn't too newb.

I have configured Ardour to create 4 channel tracks. Basically, I just
want to use Ardour to mix existing multitrack files where the gains on
each channel in the track is always identical to the others.

I've turned off the default panner. However, I notice that when I
bring in a 3 channel file, the 4th channel is always filled up with
some data. It looks like perhaps that 4th channel might be a copy of
the thrid. I'm wondering if this is the case, and how I can turn that
off.

Etienne