[Ardour-Users] Stuck at 2.8.0 ??? (for now)

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Thu Oct 8 12:03:10 PDT 2009

On 8 October 2009 at 14:04, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 1:56 PM, Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc at cosgroves.us> wrote:
> > At this point I think I have two choices:
> > - Continue with 2.8.0 and avoid cleaning up my old files.
> > - Upgrade to a modern distribution which has or can build the
> >   components required to build newer versions of ardour.
>
> that is a correct summary.

I found a work around, which will give me just a little bit more
time to do my distribution upgrade (I've already got a Fedora 10
install disc burned) at a comfortable pace.  I just deleted the
translation file that was causing me troubles with the build,
e.g.:

    rm gtk2_ardour/po/*NO*

My 2.8.2 build was successful with no other changes.  Ardour also
appears to run.  But, I haven't exercised it enough to tell if I
broke something.  I imagine removing the NO translation might be
reasonably benign, if that's not the language I need.

> Using ardour with libsndfile 1.0.17 will cause real problems
> under some scenarios - 1.0.18 is the first sndfile release to
> include patches that i provided to erik.

Then I'll use ardour only with the libsndfile version required by
that version of ardour.  Thanks for keeping me from going down a
bad road.

Cheerio....

--
Kevin