[Ardour-Users] many changes in 2.X SVN

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Oct 6 07:50:14 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Emmas"

> Paul, can I flag up a potential problem - possibly with Ardour, possibly
> with the upgrade process - although hopefully just a one-off glitch with
> my copy of subversion.
>
> [...]
>
> I'm not yet running the very latest upgrades but until last weekend I was
> at svn5656 which was around 3 weeks old.  Then (last Friday or Saturday)
> I ugraded to svn5686 which must have then been the current version.
>
> [...]
>
> Since then I've been experiencing some odd behaviour with Ardour.  If I
> launch it and try to open a recent session (using that first 'Open
> Session' dialog) I just get an empty session with no tracks or regions and
> no master bus

After a lot of tracking down, I think this must have been due to a localised
problem with subversion.  Function ARDOUR_UI::get_session_parameters() has
a switch statement (line 2354) that starts off like this:-

   switch (new_session_dialog->which_page()) {

   case NewSessionDialog::OpenPage:
    goto loadit;   <--- NOTE THESE
    break;           <--- TWO LINES

   case NewSessionDialog::EnginePage:
    if (new_session_dialog->engine_control.interface_chosen() &&
!session_path.empty()) {
     goto loadit;
    } else {
     goto try_again;
    }
    break;

previously, the same section looked like this:-

   switch (new_session_dialog->which_page()) {

   case NewSessionDialog::OpenPage:
   case NewSessionDialog::EnginePage:
    goto loadit;
    break;

What had happened was that the two indicated lines had somehow got left out
of the svn update.  Adding them has fixed the problem.

John