[Ardour-Users] best installation of ardour

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Oct 1 13:06:38 PDT 2009

lieven moors wrote:
> This new audio distribution seems very promising.
>
> http://www.bandshed.net/AVLinux.html

Indeed, I'll download it later, but I'll be faithful to 64 Studio,
because of the kind community.

> I use the Stow system to manage the installation of source packages,
> so I can easily
> switch between different versions of the same program.
>
> http://www.gnu.org/software/stow/

Seems to be interesting too :).

> The only thing that can be difficult, is installing recent versions of
> programs or libraries that have lots
> of other packages that depending on it. The best example is installing
> newer versions of jack.

;)

A report because of this for the 64 Studio list already is written :D,
I'm just waiting to send it, because I still need to compile some other
apps that might need a report too.

To be fair, 64 Studio is stable, so there isn't the need to get the
latest QjackCtl.

Cheers,
Ralf