[Ardour-Users] best installation of ardour

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Oct 1 12:56:03 PDT 2009

m.eik michalke wrote:
> am Donnerstag, 1. Oktober 2009 (16:35) schrieb Ralf Mardorf:
>
>> Okay, if I wish to lightscribe a media, I need to reboot into another
>> Linux installation
>>

> strange, i can't reproduce this issue -- i'm running a 64bit ubuntu 9.04 and
> lightscribe works fine here. actually, amongst all the stuff i am using i
> can't tell of one single thing that didn't work on my 64bit installation so
> far. could you perhaps name some more trouble makers?
>

> viele grüße :: m.eik

I'm running 8.04 LTS, but as 64 Studio 3.0-beta3.

LightScribe from the LightScribe and from the LaCie side isn't fine,
neither in the 64bit environment nor in a 32bit chroot. Animata only is
fine in the 32bit chroot, but not in the 64bit environment, when not
adding a lot of patches.

What LightScribe application and driver do you use?

Maybe we should write off-list?

Gruß
Ralf