[Ardour-Users] Can anyone help with a Linux problem ?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri May 29 14:36:24 PDT 2009

Rob Quin wrote:
> On Friday 29 May 2009 22:14, you wrote:
>
>> What does non-free for a source code mean? You are allowed to see the
>> whole code, but not to change it?
>>

> non-free is the name of the Debian repository that is used to store software
> whose licence conditions are not free as in  not GPL or similar. So I guess
> that if source code is placed in there then you can see it but are legally
> bound by its restrictive licence and probably can't change it.

I guess I'm allowed to reply to the list too :S?!

Okay, if there are commends in the source, to get easy through it, some
people might be able to see if it's good with RT or that it isn't
malicious. And indeed some people seems not to have trouble by using
this driver and doing RT productions. I guess for robotic stuff 3D
support and RT is needed.