[Ardour-Users] Any ardour users/studios in/near Halifax, Canada?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed May 27 00:47:59 PDT 2009

David Taht wrote:
> http://www.teklibre.com/~d/music/ease/greenleaf/

Hey :)

thank you, you made me starting the day with singing Penny Lane :).
Excepted to The Beatles I don't have any of those songs in my vinyl
collection, it's not really the music I'm listening to, but I like your
Interpretations a lot, IMO they have a touch of melodic Punk Rock, even
if it sounds more like folk/singer-songwriter music, it feels a bit like
Hüsker Dü and similar music.

> bootstrapping his machine up to ubuntu studio

Are there any troubles? The last 14 month my new mobo wasn't fine with
rt-audio on Linux (I'm not dissing Linux audio), but now it seems to be
fine. If you prefer Ubuntu as distro and Ubuntu Studio cause troubles,
you might give 64 Studio 3.0-beta3 (based on Ubuntu Hardy)  a chance.
It's the first time that rt-audio is fine on my machine and this without
doing any settings myself. (For my troubles I guess using jackdmp
instead of jackd solved the troubles.)

I don't know if there is a user-mailing list for Ubuntu Studio, but
there is one for 64 Studio, so your people in Halifax can get help by
the list and I guess there are people from Canada subscribed to the list.

I'm not running Ardour, but I never heard about problems with Ardour on
64 Studio 3.0-beta3. The only problems you might get, is that you need
to compile some stuff, while there are no jack.h (libjack dev) and
kernel headers in the repository, because its still a beta version.

I often read about problems with clean installations of Ubuntu Studio. I
don't know if what I read is representative for Ubuntu Studio. Maybe
it's easier to use 64 Studio 3.0-beta3.

Best,
Ralf