[Ardour-Users] More Manual Stuff

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Fri May 15 02:54:12 PDT 2009

Thomas Vecchione wrote:
> Ok folks, a small update here.  Jörn Nettingsmeier, who is our resident
> system admin for our Daisy setup, has now gotten a backup process
> started.  The disadvantage to this is that right now the repository gets
> locked while backups happen, every day at 1200 UTC until the backup
> process is completed as we have it on a cron job now.  So if you are
> going to be working around that time(You will need to figure out what
> the time frame is for your area) save a copy of your work locally and
> come back to it after the backup process is completed.  Thanks.

i *think* (although i'm not sure) that you will just be unable to save
temporarily. at the current repo size, the backup takes less than 2
minutes. if you get an error during backup, just try to save again after
a coffee. in any case, it might be wise to cut-and-paste your work to
some local scrap pad until we know this works as i think it should...

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier

Verantwortlicher für Veranstaltungstechnik

Audio and event engineer
Ambisonic surround recordings

nettings at stackingdwarves.net
+49 177 7937487

As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between
our safety and our ideals. - Barack Hussein Obama