[Ardour-Users] Bus Routing / Editing

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Mar 5 10:02:53 PST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ben Loftis"
Subject: Re: Bus Routing / Editing

> This is not a bad idea.  The "edit" selection allows for access to the
> buses (along with any other JACK port on any other app in the system), but
> it is slow and overkill for this common task.

I agree - and whilst I don't want to criticise the new (matrix) system
before I've tried it, I'd suggest that it should really be an addition to
the existing system, rather than a replacement for it.  A matrix system
comes into its own in very specific circumstances (e.g "one-to-many" routing
or for routing between different apps) but for simple "one-to-one" routing
within Ardour, an expansion of the existing system would be more intuitive
IMHO.

Regards,

John