[Ardour-Users] What happened to the Edit cursor

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Thu Mar 5 04:30:13 PST 2009

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 5:40 AM, John Emmas <johne53 at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jonathan Stowe"
> Subject: Re: [Ardour-Users] What happened to the Edit cursor
>

>> The basic idea now is that there are many "edit cursors" which are the
>> markers - create a new marker and click on it and you will see a blue
>> line.
>>
>>  Thanks Jonathan.  To be honest, I have two requirements, both of which
> should be quite simple but I'm struggling to find the easiest way.
>
> Firstly, I want to position a timeline region so that it starts at an exact
> frame on the timeline.  For example, if I was using SMPTE as my reference
> I might want the region to start at exactly 00:01:03:07.  Is there a simple
> way to do that?

right click on the region, from the menu select "Popup region editor". in
the dialog that appears, type the desired position of the region in the
"position" clock.

> Secondly, suppose I want to assemble regions (on a given track).  Is there
> way to add regions such that each one I drag to the timeline will
> automatically start where the last one ended?

in theory, "splice" edit mode works a bit like this, but it was an
experiment that isn't finished. you should try it because it might meet your
goals, but don't be suprised if its behaviour can be a bit erratic. the edit
mode selector is just left of the mouse mode/tools menubar.