[Ardour-Users] Ardour on OSX

Sampo Savolainen v2 at iki.fi
Mon Jun 8 00:56:09 PDT 2009

Quoting "Brett Feeney" <brett at feeney.com>:

>     Hi there,
 >
> I have a bunch of session files from Ardour2.2 or so, and have been
> trying to get them to work on the latest OSX version. They seem to
> make it unstable and shut down during the loading of them. Also if I
> get one open, and I try to switch to a snapshot, it will freeze the
> program.
 >
> Before I go asking more questions, and submitting crash reports ...
> am I in the right area to be seeking this type of help?

Hi,

You are exactly right to ask for help on this matter. I believe you have trodden on a bug that has already been fixed in the source code. However the fix is not in any released version yet.

Paul (or anyone else for that matter): Do you remember exactly what this issue was? I remember it had to do with a missing XML attribute in one part of the session file.

You could work around the issue by adding the XML attribute in question to the session files. Alternatively, if you have access to a Linux machine, you could open & save each session with an SVN version of Ardour.

 Sampo