[Ardour-Users] ardourvst on jaunty

. m u r m e r . murmer at murmerings.com
Wed Jun 3 12:31:34 PDT 2009

Jari Suominen wrote:
> What I tried to say was that there is no package called fftw3f
> anywhere. But install the package that comes up in search fftw3f at
> Synaptic and thats it. There isn't any dev package of that that needs
> to be installed. For fftw3 there is dev and ordinary packages that
> also needs to be installed.

thanks - got a bit further, and it seemed to find fftw3f where it wanted
it to be, so i must have installed the right package along the way
somewhere. first try it seemd to have a problem with boost:

In file included from /usr/include/boost/dynamic_bitset.hpp:15,
from libs/ardour/ardour/session.h:32,
from libs/ardour/ardour/audio_diskstream.h:39,
from libs/ardour/audio_diskstream.cc:44:
/usr/include/boost/dynamic_bitset/dynamic_bitset.hpp: In member function
'size_t boost::dynamic_bitset<Block, Allocator>::count() const':
/usr/include/boost/dynamic_bitset/dynamic_bitset.hpp:1021: error: 'mode'
cannot appear in a constant-expression
/usr/include/boost/dynamic_bitset/dynamic_bitset.hpp:1021: error:
template argument 1 is invalid
/usr/include/boost/dynamic_bitset/dynamic_bitset.hpp:1021: error:
expected `>' before '*' token
/usr/include/boost/dynamic_bitset/dynamic_bitset.hpp:1021: error:
expected `(' before '*' token
/usr/include/boost/dynamic_bitset/dynamic_bitset.hpp:1021: error:
expected primary-expression before '>' token
scons: *** [libs/ardour/audio_diskstream.os] Error 1

but i replaced boost with a slightly older version (it was 1.3.7, it's
no 1.3.5) and it seems to have gotten past that. now scons has been
running for quite awhile (20 minutes or so) - i have no idea how long
this stage is meant to take, so i hope that's not bad. it's still
moving, so fingers crossed!

thanks again for helping a beginner,
patrick

--