[Ardour-Users] Possible GUI problem?

Eric Ahlgren ericahlgren at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 1 18:41:31 PDT 2009

Here is the output of my terminal:

eric at marzipan:~$ ardour2
Ardour/GTK 2.8
   (built using 4918 and GCC version 4.2.4 (Ubuntu 4.2.4-1ubuntu3))
Copyright (C) 1999-2008 Paul Davis
Some portions Copyright (C) Steve Harris, Ari Johnson, Brett Viren, Joel Baker

Ardour comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
under certain conditions; see the source for copying conditions.
theme_init() called from internal clearlooks engine
ardour: [INFO]: Ardour will be limited to 1024 open files
ardour: [INFO]: No H/W specific optimizations in use
no more csLADSPA plugins
ardour: [INFO]: looking for control protocols in /home/eric/.ardour2/surfaces/:/usr/lib/ardour2/surfaces/
ardour: [INFO]: Control surface protocol discovered: "Generic MIDI"
ardour: [INFO]: Control surface protocol discovered: "Mackie"
powermate: Opening of powermate failed - No such file or directory
ardour: [INFO]: Control protocol powermate not usable

I don't see any errors, am I missing something?

Thanks,
Eric