[Ardour-Users] join songs with links to files

Atte Andre Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 03:18:53 PDT 2009

Hi

I'm working on a CD, and I'd like to use ardour for joining the
individual songs into a whole, some with cross fades, others with
overlaps, also maybe a bit of processing here and there.

The thing is I'm still working on the songs, but would like to make a
project in ardour that have the transitions and processing *and* that'll
allow me to work on the songs (in external software) and automatically
have these changes reflected when I open my ardour project.

I tried "import" and un-checking the "copy files to session", but it
seems that it doesn't work as I expect, upon updating the songs
externally, ardour still uses the previous version (I of course close
ardour when working on the songs).

I seem to remember doing this before (and it worked), and have a vague
recollection of a "link to files" check box, that seems to have been
replaced with "copy files to sesion".

So, although ardour in this way might be considdered abuse, is there a
way to achieve what I'm looking to do? Or did I simply overlook
something or do something wrong?

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk   http://virb.com/atte