[Ardour-Users] Live Recording Techniques

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Jul 21 06:22:34 PDT 2009

Justin M. Streiner wrote:
> If the live recording will be done in front of an audience, keep in
> mind that the acoustics of the room will change based on how many
> people are in the audience.

We are discussing something similar on the 64 Studio list.

Keep in mind that fans for headlights or air conditions etc. might be
turned of during a sound check, but they will produce noise when the
concert started ;). I very often heard about "similar accidents" and
less about wrong usage of the recording technic.

I won't worry about unperfected microphonics or an unperfect usage of
Ardour. I know a lot of stories about accidents like changes done by the
electrician who does the light etc..