[Ardour-Users] Tempo Ramp

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Fri Jan 30 10:58:28 PST 2009

On 30 January 2009 at 18:37, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2009-01-30 at 11:25 -0600, Dewey Smolka wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 11:10 AM, Dominic Sacré <dominic.sacre at gmx.de
> > wrote:
>>
>> I'm not at my Ardour workstation right now, but I believe
>> that Rosegarden supports tempo ramping. As long as you have
>> Rosegarden and Ardour properly synced, then Ardour should
>> follow the tempo pattern in RG.
>
> JACK does not currently allow clients to accurately share tempo
> information.

I have sync'd RG and ardour before, but with a constant tempo.  My
fallback plan is to have RG create an audio file click track based on
its tempo ramp, then use that audio file as a click track in ardour.
I'd expect that the bars in ardour would be of little use.  But,
this should get me running.

Thanks....
--
Kevin