[Ardour-Users] financial ideas commentary

Harold ardour at sait.nl
Mon Jan 19 08:52:49 PST 2009

On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 11:31:32 -0500, Thomas Vecchione <seablaede at gmail.com>
wrote:
> And to be honest maintaining a distribution is a lot of work in itself.

It sure is, and there are numerous people out there doing it already! If
they aren't living up to the expectancies, the "Ardour Packaging Team"
should address these problems... ;)

Why not provide Ardour in a binary form for Linux? I often get my binary
copy from getdeb.net, but it would be an additional service of Ardour
itself if it would have a Debian (and/or other major packaging systems)
repository with the latest & greatest versions!

Debugging and feedback from users could be quite simple too if there was a
nightly build available as binary (.deb and/or .rpm)

-H-