[Ardour-Users] financial ideas commentary

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 08:31:32 PST 2009

The problem is distributions seem to be having a series of problems lately
that is not reflecting all that well on potential users.  Some distributions
don't bother to set up permissions correctly, some don't detect and run on
hardware very well, some are stuck using rather old packages so when we say,
this is fixed in the newest version of Ardour, they say, well I can't get
the newest version.  And many distributions have more than the above
problems.  This translates into many people wanting to try Ardour, and not
being able to because of problems unrelated to Ardour.

And to be honest maintaining a distribution is a lot of work in itself.

                        Seablade