[Ardour-Users] financial ideas commentary

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Sun Jan 18 09:31:05 PST 2009

On Sun, 18 Jan 2009, Esben Stien wrote:

> Other than that, I can only suggest getting 3.0 out the door, making
> it work on that other operating system, writing an appeal like Jimmy
> Wales did[0] and putting it on the web page.
>
> [0]http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate/Letter/en

That is an interesting point.  The Wikimedia Foundation had a goal of
raising US $6 million from their fundraising drive, which they've
exceeded.

Putting something at the top of each page on *.ardour.org to the effect of
"Ardour needs your help and support.  Click here to donate or subscribe."
might not be such a bad idea.

jms