[Ardour-Users] Could this solve Ardour's financial headache?

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Thu Jan 15 22:40:09 PST 2009

Joe Kokosa wrote:
> How about a fund-raiser by Ardour users based on selling original music
> recorded using Ardour?  I could see an arrangement where artists who own
> or control their publishing and mechanical copyrights could assign a
> non-exclusive right to the Ardour project to release a song of theirs.
>
> The more talented Ardour users could contribute their own tune and those
> recording others could solicit tracks from their clients.  The tracks
> could be sold as downloads or a make-to-order CD service like Audiolife
> http://www.audiolife.com/Default.aspx could be used.
>
> It would be good advertising for both Ardour and the artists involved.

I think this is a viable concept. My concern would be the
implementation. We would require at least one person to spend around 1
month of their life on pulling all the tracks together, compiling the CD
and releasing it. It would also require a whole process of quality
control to be applied from start to finish.

If there is someone who can spare the time to direct the project I would
be happy to assist them with anything that they couldn't do on their own.

Cheers.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd.