[Ardour-Users] How to give a sound "presentation"?

Ferenc Wagner wferi at niif.hu
Sat Jan 10 18:15:02 PST 2009

Hi,

I was asked to help producing a play.  The play is about sounds! :)
I think I can achieve the desired result with Ardour, but I have to
accomodate timing variations by the actors.  Which means I can't pre-
record everything and just play that back...

Which (preferably Linux) software do you think would be the best for
such a task?  I imagine having to need to push space only during the
play, and the software would do the necessary crossfades, play back
short noises or just keep looping something if left alone.
--
Gratefully for any idea:
Feri.