[Ardour-Users] open a sound file

Amaro Borges amaro_borges at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 10 13:11:58 PST 2009

Ardour users,

I've just installed UbuntoStudio in my laptop, that includs Ardour. However, I can't open an audio file on it (Ardour 2.5, built from revision 3525) because it seems that there is no way to do it!
I supposed that I should open a sound file in the Session menu. In this menu there is an option called Import (Alt I), I think it is the only option to open an existing sound file (at least in this Session Menu I have). When I clic on it, a window opens with some strange layout offering no option to choose any sound file in the computer or elsewhere. I guess there is a bug.
I wonder if someone knows how to fix this in order for this program to be able to open a sound file.

Thanks in advance,

Amaro Borges
Santa Maria, RS - Brasil