[Ardour-Users] Donate for your favorite feature (was: Couldthis solve Ardour's financial headache?)

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Jan 10 02:11:34 PST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Thomas Vecchione"
Subject: Re: [Ardour-Users] Donate for your favorite feature (was: Couldthis
solve Ardour's financial headache?)

> Thing is, I don't think that having them in their own Mantis database
> would help, in fact it would probably hurt. Part of the problem with
> Mantis for Ardour is the fact that it is not integrated very well with the
> rest of the website, and as you guessed it would take quite a bit of work
> to tie it into Drupal better.  As a result Mantis itself is not really
> well known about period, and making a second instance of it wouldn't help
> to much.

Hi Thomas, I agree with you that Mantis isn't the ideal vehicle for handling
feature requests.  I was only thinking that if the feature requests have to
be somehow extracted from Mantis and grouped together somewhere, a second
instance of Mantis might be quicker than setting up an entirely new
database.  However, it still leaves the problem that the amounts being
pledged are much too low to kickstart any development.  A dedicated database
would help (in my view) but I'm not sure if it would help *enough.*

John