[Ardour-Users] Donate for your favorite feature (was: Couldthis solve Ardour's financial headache?)

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 21:15:55 PST 2009

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 11:19 PM, John Emmas <johne53 at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> It's never satisfying to say "I told you so" but when this 'sponsored
> feature' idea was first floated (last year, sometime) I do remember saying
> that it would never work while the requests were jumbled up among a
> database of bug reports.  At the time, I suggested separating the feature
> requests into a separate mantis of their own where they wouldn't get lost
> among the general hubbub.

Thing is, I don't think that having them in their own Mantis database would
help, in fact it would probably hurt. Part of the problem with Mantis for
Ardour is the fact that it is not integrated very well with the rest of the
website, and as you guessed it would take quite a bit of work to tie it into
Drupal better.  As a result Mantis itself is not really well known about
period, and making a second instance of it wouldn't help to much.

           Seablade