[Ardour-Users] Could this solve Ardour's financial headache?

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Thu Jan 8 11:47:52 PST 2009

On Thu, 2009-01-08 at 11:46 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:

> Maybe something more like the community picking out a specific
> hardware vendor and trying to get them to do something that would
> package Ardour and provide some income that way.

Some discussions like this are underway already. I'm a little skeptical
that they can really lead to much - the margins are really not so big
and the h/w vendor would like to keep as much of them as possible. but
maybe 80% of whatever windows OEM cost. I'm not much of a numbers guy,
and I tend to always be pessimistic about this kind of idea, but we'll
see.

--p