[Ardour-Users] Could this solve Ardour's financial headache?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 09:15:28 PST 2009

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 8:58 AM, John Emmas <johne53 at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Knecht"
> Subject: Re: [Ardour-Users] Could this solve Ardour's financial headache?
>>
>> I'll pay the $35 and redistribute it myself.
>>
> That's fine Mark.  There'd be nothing to stop you doing that - but if you
> distribute the source to Mr X who later decides he wants SVN updates, then
> he'll either have to pay $35 or keep pestering you all the time.
> Personally, I think you'd be making a rod for your own back but it's not my
> job to prevent you, if that's what you want.
>

> John

He didn't later decide. He got SVN from the start. I just make my own
download service using a cron job that updates from SVN every hour. I
stick it on my server and he only comes here. He never uses SVN but
has the same data.

My point is 'What's the point?'

I get that you're looking for a way to put $$$ in Paul's coffers and I
applaud that intention. I just don't think this is likely to do it and
along the way it serves to divide Ardour user's into two camps which
I'm always against.

Better together... (tm)

Cheers,
Mark