[Ardour-Users] Could this solve Ardour's financial headache?

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 10:30:36 PST 2009

I have to vote no on this one as well.  ONe of the basic premises to me of
open source development is that anyone can submit a patch to fix a bug in
SVN.   Plus i know on occasion that it has saved meas I could fix a bug
easily and move on to get work done, or Paul could send me a patch to test
to see if it fixes a bug.

Aside from philosophical reasons  that I disagree, there is a large
technical reason I believe, unless Paul has found a way around this with
them.  And that is the host involved.  Doing what you suggest would require
one of two things...  One either a single username and password for svn read
access, or individual usernames and passwords created for each person, which
there isn't an automated way of doing so at the host to my knowledge, or
keeping track of them.

        Seablade