[Ardour-Users] Could this solve Ardour's financial headache?

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Wed Jan 7 10:29:55 PST 2009

On 7 January 2009 at 17:00, "John Emmas" <johne53 at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> I can fully appreciate why this proposal might have deterred early adopters
> but my point is that Ardour is now a powerful, sophisticated product.  If
> people aren't prepared to pay $35 for it, there isn't much hope for it to
> stay that way, is there?

I wonder what The GIMP funding scheme is.  That's a package which I
consider to be an ardour-class piece of work.

> And yet there's nothing in my proposal that would stop people obtaining
> Ardour for free if that's what they want....  they'd simply have to pay a
> (one-time) registration fee if they wanted access to the SVN repository,
> that's all.

That's fine for the folks who get tarballs.  But, that also delays
wider testing because people might wait for a tarball to do their
testing.  How would that work?  Pay to be a tester?  Hmmm.

--
Kevin