[Ardour-Users] "could not reconstitute MementoCommand" ???

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Sat Jan 3 20:32:48 PST 2009

What does this mean?

[ERROR]: could not reconstitute MementoCommand from XMLNode. object type = 18AutomationGainLine id = 95803
[ERROR]: could not reconstitute MementoCommand from XMLNode. object type = 18AutomationGainLine id = 95798
[ERROR]: could not reconstitute MementoCommand from XMLNode. object type = 18AutomationGainLine id = 95798
[ERROR]: could not reconstitute MementoCommand from XMLNode. object type = 17AutomationPanLine id = 95805
[ERROR]: could not reconstitute MementoCommand from XMLNode. object type = 17AutomationPanLine id = 95805
[ERROR]: could not reconstitute MementoCommand from XMLNode. object type = 18AutomationGainLine id = 95803
[ERROR]: could not reconstitute MementoCommand from XMLNode. object type = 18AutomationGainLine id = 95803

The above was the result of removing automation from two tracks
in my session.  The message appeared when I closed and restarted
ardour.  I was having difficulty getting the automation to
actually be removed.  The automation "track" showed it was gone,
but the fader (both virtual and control surface) both get pegged
at -inf.  This was the setting at the end of the track when it
was automated.  I want manual control, and set the mixer and
the editor window controls for those two tracks to "manual".
The mixer window's fader automation mode for the two tracks in
question wouldn't stay in "play" mode until after the ardour
restart.  This is all with 2.7.1.

--
Kevin