[Ardour-Users] MIDI configuration

Tanjeff-Nicolai Moos tanjeff at not-another-server.net
Fri Jan 2 13:37:58 PST 2009

I don't have a control surface supporting the MCU protocol, but are
currently working on the Ardour manual.

Firstly, the default "mcu" Midi port as defined in /etc/ardour2/ is of
type "alsa/sequencer". According to the existing manual this must be of
type "alsa/raw". So, the default config should be changed.

Second, when creating new MIDI ports via GUI (in the
"Preferences" window), one cannot choose the type of the newly created
MIDI port. The manual describes how to do it by editing the config
files, but this should not be necessary. In my opinion the GUI should
offer to give the type when creating a MIDI port, or even to change the
type of existing ports. What do you think?

Tanjeff