[Ardour-Users] Ardour uses 18% of CPU while idle ???

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Thu Jan 1 04:29:09 PST 2009

Kevin Cosgrove wrote:
> This happens all the time with one session.  Other sessions have much
> lower loads.  Why would this be?  I've reported this as mantis issue
> 0002507, which maybe I shouldn't have until asking here.  Why would
> my load be so high?

maybe some of your plugins cause denormals in a particular combination?
try activating ardour's denormal handling (dc bias or DAZ/FTZ if your
cpu can do it), and see if it makes a difference.

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier

Verantwortlicher für Veranstaltungstechnik

Audio and event engineer
Ambisonic surround recordings

nettings at stackingdwarves.net
+49 177 7937487