[Ardour-Users] speed ramp

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 10:47:19 PST 2009

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 10:26 AM, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-02-02 at 18:24 +0000, Noel Darlow wrote:
>> On Mon, 02 Feb 2009 18:21:11 +0100
>> Ferenc Wagner <wferi at niif.hu> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I'd like to capture the slowdown effect created by gradually dragging
>> > the shutter speed control during playback.
>>
>> Just bounce it down onto a new track(s).
>
> I don;t think that works - you can't record with speed != 1.0
>
> Easiest to just record it into a 2nd instance of ardour or some other
> recording tool.

I do it the other way around and it's why I'm still such an Acid Pro
fan. I handle tempo in Acid, putting together a drum track and other
things with loops. Acid handles tempo changes beautifully. It
stretches drum loops, allows me to change pitch on other things like
pads for which I don't own the right synths, etc. when I've got
something structured reasonably well I record it into Ardour,
maintaining everything on individual tracks. (Wish Ardour and Acid
cooperated better with mass export/import of sound files but that's
minor.) Once all that stuff is in Ardour I can record guitar, bass,
new drums if I wish, etc.

Works for me.

- Mark