[Ardour-Users] Plugin help

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 09:26:15 PST 2009

On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 11:20 AM, Ralf Mardorf
<ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> IMO LADSPAs and LV2s should be good for recordings and "normal"
> postprocessing (mastering), but not to repair anything.
> Very often I'm not fine with Linux effects, but to expect that there should
> be effects that should be able to repair mistakes IMO is the wrong
> direction.

Hmm here again I have to disagree.  Some restoration works in
'realtime' in as far as it works as a process inserted on the audio
signal chain and can be non-destructive in as far as it never modifies
the original recordings as a result, only the output.  CEDAR is the
king of this hill of course with their standalone units, but the
WaveArts AU plugins I use also work like this, work great in
Ardour(<20mS latency on them in fact), and to be honest I can't think
of a reason off hand that they couldn't be implemented in LADSPA or
LV2 format.

      Seablade