[Ardour-Users] not upgrading...

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Mon Dec 21 08:56:40 PST 2009

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 11:53 AM, Don Fredricks <ardour at handsfull.net> wrote:
> Suppose I were a studio pro, using Ardour 2.8.4. If I ran into a crash
> bug, or if there were a feature that I need that was supposed to work, but
> didn't, the last thing I would want to hear when I ask for support is
> "That version is six months old! You need to upgrade to (not nearly
> stable) 3.x!"

Although I agree with pretty much everything you wrote here Don, just
be aware that the answer to a crashing bug in 2.X is NEVER going to be
"upgrade to 3.X".

One of the reasons that 2.X is in feature freeze is precisely to help
make maintainance of that branch easier. Unfortunately (in a few ways)
the existence of the Mixbus project makes it more difficult to keep
refusing good stuff ....

--p