[Ardour-Users] suitable multi-channel recording card?

Chris Nutt chris.nutt at ntlworld.com
Thu Dec 17 13:01:09 PST 2009

If you are considering firewire... have you looked at
http://www.ffado.org/ ?

I have a Focusrite Saffire Pro 26 I/O which works without any issues on
Fedora+CCRMA. A second hand Saffire Pro 10 (without the ADAT support)
would give you plenty of inputs and Focusrite are supporting the FFADO
project.

It's worth checking out the supported devices to see what else might
suite you, and you need to ensure that you have the right chipset
(TI seem to get the best reports) in your firewire card... all the
details are on the FFADO site.

Good luck with your search!

Chris