[Ardour-Users] Shaky Ardour... (true love?

Christopher Stamper christopherstamper at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 12:50:35 PST 2009

2009/12/16 Jörn Nettingsmeier <nettings at stackingdwarves.net>

> On 12/16/2009 08:52 PM, Henry W. Peters wrote:
>
>> I finally figured out how to get sound from my Yamaha 01v mixer into
>> Ardour... I had to give up on spdif, & use analog out from mixer ( :(
>> )=not like I like & or want it, but oh well (for now).
>> Any way, now that I have 2.84 built, when I do certain things
>> (importing, saving... hard saying), Ardour crashes on me... (not freeze
>> or hang up; crash, like disappears). Are there known issues like this in
>> Debian Lenny? Suggestions as to tracking down the cause/s? Settings?
>> Links to related discussion, etc...?
>>

> fwiw, i'm using current svn (2.8.4 and then some), and except for some rare
> crashes due to massive abuse (like really wild zooming while 10+ channels
> are playing back or recording), ardour behaves really well, also in
> mission-critical live situations (but there i'm very careful not to do
> potentially dangerous stuff...)

In my experience, ardour can be pretty flaky. Even when you are not zooming
wildly.

I was doing a pretty light recording (4 channel, presonus) for a little over
1 hr. Ardour must have crashed 4 times; one time it even dropped an entire
region. I was basically just letting it record...

So, kinda OT, but I just had to say it. Ardour is not really that stable.

Try running it from terminal, so you can read the stdout and get the error
message.

--
Christopher Stamper

Email: christopherstamper at gmail.com