[Ardour-Users] Shaky Ardour... (true love?

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Wed Dec 16 12:44:17 PST 2009

On 12/16/2009 08:52 PM, Henry W. Peters wrote:
> I finally figured out how to get sound from my Yamaha 01v mixer into
> Ardour... I had to give up on spdif, & use analog out from mixer ( :(
> )=not like I like & or want it, but oh well (for now).
> Any way, now that I have 2.84 built, when I do certain things
> (importing, saving... hard saying), Ardour crashes on me... (not freeze
> or hang up; crash, like disappears). Are there known issues like this in
> Debian Lenny? Suggestions as to tracking down the cause/s? Settings?
> Links to related discussion, etc...?

fwiw, i'm using current svn (2.8.4 and then some), and except for some
rare crashes due to massive abuse (like really wild zooming while 10+
channels are playing back or recording), ardour behaves really well,
also in mission-critical live situations (but there i'm very careful not
to do potentially dangerous stuff...)

ardour won't just disappear: if there's a crash, you will see something
like "segmentation fault" on the console. read the README and the bug
report howto and see if you can obtain backtraces if/when ardour really
goes down.

in any case, your problems with spdif or adat are not at all related to
ardour - i believe you may have more fundamental problems with your
audio setup.

hope that is reassuring and helps to put you on the right track :)

best,

jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier