[Ardour-Users] Ardour dependency dance,

Henry W. Peters hwpeters at jamadots.com
Tue Dec 15 08:57:18 PST 2009

Thanks All for replies, suggestions, etc.,

I got some advise from someone on the GTK list... try 'make uninstall,'
& after I remembered you cd to the directory the 'make' file is in (easy
for me to forget this command in the heat of the uncertainties of a
relatively new setup), it worked very well, & after the usual .dev
file/s not installed, were found & installed, Ardour 2.84 got built &
installed.

First step accomplished, though I still have sound input from my spdif
input issues (!!). I'll work at it, but I may be back here around this
now, chronic problem (& I even tried it out in my xfce desktop
environment, where supposedly Pulse audio is not supposed to be utilized).

Thanks again.

Henry