[Ardour-Users] Offsetting a ruler

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Aug 21 23:03:38 PDT 2009

Forgive me if this is in the cheat sheet. I couldn't see it but I think this
operation must be possible because I can see some code for it.

Suppose I have two rulers visible - for argument's sake SMPTE and Beats &
Bars.  Normally, bar 1 will start at zero SMPTE time.  But suppose I want
bar 1 to start at a different time (e.g. 00:01:00:00).  Is there a way to
offset the rulers with respect to each other?

Also, suppose I have four different songs placed sequentially in the same
session.  It isn't likely that they'll all have the same tempo,  So is it
possible to 'break' the B&B ruler at a convenient point and start a new one
with a different tempo?

Thanks,

John