[Ardour-Users] Mute buttons don't work (2.8.1/F11)

mcmorris95125 at gmail.com mcmorris95125 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 20:26:40 PDT 2009

You guys are awesome, thanks for all the help!

On Fedora (11), the global resource file is:

/etc/ardour2/ardour_system.rc

It contains the proper lines to enable mute-affects-(all 4 options).

My startup messages confirm that it's being loaded.

However, for whatever reason, the personal prefs file, in
~/.ardour2/ardour_system.rc, is configured to DISable all 4 mute options.

I removed my existing prefs dir and confirmed that upon startup & creation
of a new session, the prefs are re-created with the "wrong" settings, below:

[from ~/.ardour2/ardour_system.rc:]
<Option name="mute-affects-pre-fader" value="0"/>
<Option name="mute-affects-post-fader" value="0"/>
<Option name="mute-affects-control-outs" value="0"/>
<Option name="mute-affects-main-outs" value="0"/>
[end]

Curiously, these express bool false as "0" rather "no". I'm sure that's
irrelevant, but it might help track down the code that's creating the
default prefs file.

Editing the preferences file solves my problem elegantly, so thanks for all
the support!

In an effort to "give back", I'd like to understand and help fix the fault.

Do you know if the personal pref file is generated from something in the
distro - in which case I should file a F11 bug report...
Or is it generated on the fly by Ardour itself, in which case the fault is
less clear?