[Ardour-Users] Selecting a sync source

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Aug 2 01:06:12 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Thomas Vecchione" <seablaede at gmail.com>

> Right next to the transport clock is a dropdown menu to select your sync.

LOL - I was looking all over the place and yet it was staring me in the
face..!

Incidentally, I don't know if I've discovered a bug here or if this is
intentional behaviour - but if I select MTC and hit the transport Play key,
my transport doesn't roll (naturally, because I don't have any incoming
MTC).  If I then hit the Stop key my request to stop is ignored.  If I then
try to select one of the other slave sources (Internal or Jack) I get a
warning message saying "please stop the transport before adjusting slave
settings".  However from that point on, the Stop key and Play key are non
functional.  The slave source indicates 'Jack' or 'Internal' (depending on
what I selected) but in fact I suspect it's still slaved to MTC.

If someone can confirm this as a bug I'll add it to mantis.

John