[Ardour-Users] join songs with links to files

Atte Andre Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 19:12:34 PDT 2009

Nedko Arnaudov wrote:

> IIRC think Ardour uses hardlinks for this here. Maybe you need symlinks
> instead.

That helped a bit, now ardour uses the actual recording even when its
updated in "the other software".

However two problems remain (that might share the solution):

1) Ardour still uses the original length of the file. So if the file
gets longer in "the other software" it's truncated where the older,
shorter file would end.

2) The graphical display of the waveform is not updated to reflect the
new audio.

Since I'm aware that I'm in a way working against ardour, I don't expect
it to help me out automatically here (although that would be great), but
can I manually fix the tow problems, for instance by telling ardour that
it needs to look at the file again, have the length match the actual
file and regenerate it's graphical display of the file?

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk   http://virb.com/atte