[Ardour-Users] repost: problems with jack in ubuntu

. m u r m e r . murmer at murmerings.com
Sat Apr 18 03:34:36 PDT 2009

Paul Davis wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 1:01 PM, . m u r m e r . <murmer at murmerings.com> wrote:
>
>>  if i'm lucky, the 'input ports'
>> field will include 'system playback', to which i can manually connect
>> ardour's master outs, but sometimes 'system playback' is missing.  somehow
>> with lots of fiddling i've always managed to get sound, but it's tedious and
>> worrying, especially since everything used to function automatically with no
>> problems.  does anyone have any advice for me?
>>

> what type of audio interface? what is the jack startup command?

hi paul,

thanks for responding - i'm not using any external sound card or
interface. since i work only with prerecorded files, mixing, editing,
manipulating, etc, i don't need any direct sound inputs or recording
capabilities on the computer itself.  so i'm just importing wav files
into ardour and working with those with no additional hardware.  and i'm
now starting jack from Applications menu, not from a terminal command,
although, like i mentioned, i didn't used to have to start it manually
at all.

forgive me if that's not what your asking - i'm not so good under the
hood...

patrick

--

|||  www.murmerings.com |||