[Ardour-Users] getting started

Grammostola Rosea rosea.grammostola at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 04:33:42 PDT 2009

Jostein Chr. Andersen wrote:
> Grammostola Rosea wrote:
>

>> check also: www.wiki.linuxmusicians.com
>>

> Sorry, I forget that (good) one. And I have probably forgot many other
> good ones.
>
> It's a pity that this resources are spread everywhere on the 'net. How
> many general (and often outdated and bloated) resources do we need? So
> far, we have linux-sound.org, *.linuxaudio.org, linuxmusicians.com,
> Wikipedia and lots of some half done docs on the distro and apps side.
>
> I'm glad I'm not a Linux sound newbie who tries to figure out this mess.
> But I'm a wannabe Linux Sound App maker and must say that I hope that
> all this multiple efforts to make (new) good Linux Sound Info pages soon
> will come to an end. Choices are good, but jungles are confusing.
>
> How can I contribute to make this situation better, should I start a
> project by myself? :-D  I feel sympathy with all the resources above,
> but one is enough IMO.

I think it's hard to avoid this situation, but you can try to start with
an message on the LAU mailinglis.

I was one of the founders of linuxmusicians.com. We wanted to make
GNU/Linux more accessible for newbies and thought a forum board fits
best for it. We also made an wiki with some starters info in it.

See especially: http://wiki.linuxmusicians.com/doku.php?id=newbies

 To combine all the different information on the net and to avoid a wide
spread of information, we also made some hyperlinks to linuxaudio.org
and in our howto forum area we gather a lot of info which we know and
which are elsewhere on the net:

http://linuxmusicians.com/viewforum.php?f=19

You can also subscribe to our planet, it gives you some insight in what
is going on in the world of linuxaudio:

www.planet.linuxmusicians.com

So imho, the best thing you could do is joining linuxaudio.org or
linuxmusicians.com and improve their information. And we should have a
as good as possible working together between linuxmusicians and
linuxaudio. Then the situation is not perfect, but pretty good imo.

\r