[Ardour-Users] getting started

Grammostola Rosea rosea.grammostola at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 14:37:54 PDT 2009

Jan Depner wrote:
> My personal favorite is Fedora (8 or 10) using Planet CCRMA
>
> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/
>
> It doesn't get much simpler than that.
>

> On Sun, 2009-04-12 at 18:10 -0300, leandro roggerone wrote:
>
>> Hi, I`m a recently ardour user, I have found this tool and I think its
>> great, i would like to learn to use it but i have no experience
>> working with linux os, I would like to start for the beggining , I
>> don`t know wich linux version should i install, i hope someone help me
>> with some document or any tutorial that i can read to begin. thanks.

Hi,

I recommend an Ubuntu based distro. Why? There is a lot documentation
around for it and they want to make an newbie friendly distro.

I recommend an multimedia distro. Why? Because sound configuration can
be hard at first.

So I recommend:

64studio 3 (beta) (but pretty usable). It's based on Ubuntu Hardy, so
it's stable too.
www.64studio.com

Another bet is Ubuntu Studio

Check also