[Ardour-Users] Leopard blues: convenient pics to check out.

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Sep 20 09:36:07 PDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Bailey"
Subject: Re: [Ardour-Users] Leopard blues: convenient pics to check out.

> One other thing I should mention -- these ardour mixes were originally
> created outside of ardour by an application I wrote (in other words, I
> create XML files myself)

Christopher - some time ago I wrote a utility to convert AAF projects (e.g.
from Pro Tools) into Ardour sessions.  Along the way I noticed many
peculiarities like this and I came to understand that Ardour sessions are
more intricate (and delicate) than you might imagine.  It's tempting to code
the barest minimum when creating the XML session state file - but I found
out the hard way that in fact, very little can be left out of a session
state file without causing some problem (often an unpredictable one).  I'd
strongly recommend that you have a known 'test' session (created on Ardour)
to use as a reference.  My early attempts would often work on one version of
Ardour but not a later version so you might well be suffering from the same
kind of problem.

Regards,

John