[Ardour-Users] Ardour 2.5 released

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Fri Sep 19 08:06:30 PDT 2008

On 19 September 2008 at 8:57, Jonathan Stowe <jns at its-going-to-be-fabulous.com> wrote:

> Yeah I've been happy with this combo for a while now :-)  You probably
> will want to upgrade the OS distribution at some point as 3.0 draws
> nearer as some of the big dependencies on Mandriva 2007.0 are too old
> (i.e Gtk, Glib etc) and it's probably easier to change OS than upgrade
> those libraries.

There are a lot of really good reasons to upgrade.  I just need a
concentrated block of time to sort through all the major apps I use
to make sure they all work after such an upgrade.  Right now I have
3-4 ardour projects partially completed, and it'd be nice to have
them finished before putting myself at risk with a new distro.

Nice to hear that someone else is having good luck with Mandriva....
--
Kevin