[Ardour-Users] yo, tell ardour.org about your preferred plugins

Petter Sundlöf petter.sundlof at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 06:00:11 PDT 2008

For a very nice vintage delay, I use Calf (it has nice tempo controls,
but unfortunately Ardour won't let me set tempo precisely at 120, 130
and such numbers. Fix?)

Actually, you should probably add the Calf plugins to the list:

http://calf.sourceforge.net/

The Calf Filter can also be fun.

The Glame Lowpass and Highpass Filters are lifesavers.

For intermediary mixing I use SC4 and Fast lookahead limiter (then of
course Jamin for final processing).

For distortion/cabinet simulation I mostly use C* AmpVTS.
Some other C* plugins that I've also found very good are the C* Eq
(comes in mono and stereo) as well as the C* Plate reverbs. Sound good
to my ears.

By the way, I'd like to steal some time here and ask if there's any work
towards a workaround for mismatching inputs/outputs? I'm a regular user
of Ardour since like 2005, and I've not yet acclimatized to this. It
really is a royal pain to surely every other time one adds a plugin hear
big d'oh in one's head when the i/o mismatch dialogue pops up :/