[Ardour-Users] Ardour froze, then started crashing

Fri Nov 14 17:26:39 PST 2008

On Fri, 2008-11-14 at 11:23 -0800, Kevin Cosgrove wrote:
> On 14 November 2008 at 20:08, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
>
> > > Isn't there a known instability problem with jack 0.109.2?
> >
> > hell yes!
>
> Could someone recommend the right jack version to run for realtime
> with ardour?  SVN is OK, or some old rev might be OK too.

Either current jack1 SVN (I have not tested it) or the just released
first version of jackmp (1.9.0)[*] - which is to become jack2 in time...
I have been running jackmp svn for a while with very good results[**]

http://www.grame.fr/~letz/jack-1.9.0.tar.bz2

-- Fernando

[*] available for Planet CCRMA users in the fc9 testing repository...

[**] CAVEAT: for hda-intel soundcard users you will need to use the "-S"
jackd command line switch unless you have a very new version of the
kernel and alsa drivers.